VIP After Labor Day Update

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Let's see if I remember how to do this. It's been a while since I did an update. The summer heat just really gets to me so much that I just want to stay away from my radiating computer and... do something else. Also, I have, like, a job and stuff. The best time to update is now - with American Labor Day signaling the unofficial approach of colder weather, hence the "no white after Labor Day" decree. So yeah, I'm blaming the lack of updates on global warming. If you want more updates, you have to stop it, people of Earth.

Fun fact: Yesterday was Fight Procrastination Day. I was actually going to update that day, but I found out that I only had crappy VBR MP3s of the Metal Slug music. I had to get higher quality versions, which took a lot longer than expected. Converting a lossy format to another lossy format causes a degredation in audio fidelity, so the original file has to be of highest fidelity. I swear it had nothing to do with my actual procrastination. Welcome to my blog, btw.

Anyway, on to the actual update! This update only has 2 game series, but they are ones that are highly requested in all of my anonymous years. One such anonymous poster even threw my playlist in the trash for not having any Goemon. Now he'll have to take it back out and wipe it until his neckbeard trimmings and hot pocket sleeves are removed.

Code:
    Metal Slug - Final Production 2P
    Metal Slug X - MS_X Ending (End Roll)
    Metal Slug 3 - Into the Cosmos (The Void of Space)
    Metal Slug 4 - Snowy Road (Stage 3 ~ Snowy Mountain)
    Metal Slug 4 - End to the War (Staff Roll)
    Metal Slug 4 - Let's Run Through! (Stage 1 ~ City)
    Metal Slug 5 - Intrigue (Stage 3)
    Metal Slug 5 - Final Attack (Final Boss Fight)
    Metal Slug 6 - Main Theme from MS6 (Mission 1-1)
    Metal Slug 6 - Aim High Chase Fast (Mission 4-2)
    Metal Slug 3D - The South Pole (Stage 09 -Antarctic-)
    Metal Slug 3D - New Plot (Opening Movie)
    Metal Slug 3D - Start from Mountain Village (Stage 01 -Mountain Village-)
    Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchuu: Boku ga Dancer ni Natta Riyuu - Kentarou Chabo - Staff Roll Cover
    Ganbare Goemon Kirakira Douchuu: Boku ga Dancer ni Natta Riyuu - Water Moon Forest
    Ganbare Goemon - Spunky Female Ninja
    Ganbare Goemon - Travel in Style
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - The Great Rescue Mission for the Feudal Lord! (Transformed Oedo Castle)
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Goemon Production Committee - We Did It, Bravo, Not a Single Cloud on Japan's Sky (Staff Roll-Arrange Version)
    Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - Burning My Soul
    Goemon's Great Adventure - Re-Seeing!
    Goemon's Great Adventure - Sweet Tasty Delicious Water

• Ah, yes, Metal Slug. I initially thought this series didn't have any melodic music, with its warlike tones that make you want to shoot stuff; but there are some earwigs here. Tanaka Toshikazu made it all better.
    • Metal Slug 6 has the best leitmotif of the main theme (IMO). It has that great epic feel and also fits the setting.
    • I might get executed for this statement, but Metal Slug 3D has the best overall soundtrack IMO. Everyone says it's the shittiest game in the series(hell, it's a pretty bad game overall), which is a shame, because the music is so good. The stage 9 track reminds me of Dynasty Warriors music. Well, the beginning part anyway.
    • I was surprised that the Goemon series has pretty diverse music. I thought it was all Japanese weeaboo stuff due to the setting. It still sounds oriental, but the synth instruments turn it into a whole different animal, even adding a DASH of funk.
    • Fun fact: Ganbare Goemon's "Travel in Style" is, I believe, one of only two tracks in the VIP that's under a minute long.
    • Mystical Ninja was a childhood game of mine, and I didn't listen to the variety at the time, mostly just DASH DASH DASH. The credits track sounds very Brazilian, and just after the Olympics, too! Too bad it sucked(the ceremony, that is). I ecstatically can't wait for Tokyo 2020. Welcome to my blog, btw.
    • I didn't even know Ganbare Goemon had a sequel. I most likely did not play Goemon's Great Adventure, but it has a lot of fun-sounding tracks.

PURAAASUMAAA!
    I ripped this straight from the Mystical Ninja credits arrangement track in case someone(me) wants to use it as a ringtone or something.