VIP Happy Birthday! :D

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Today marks the Vidya Intarweb Playlist's 4th birthday! Congrats to 4 years of hand-picked game music!

Misc Update:
    There is now a Forum Games Forum forum! All the categories were stolen from Kongregate, because I know little about forum games, and Kongregators seem to be pretty hardcore about their forum games.
    Jesvice likes this.
  2. Streke Edam League

Happy Birthday VIP, may you have many more years of operation and drunk nights alone on the internet!

You father Cats777 must be so proud.
    Jesvice likes this.
  3. Blue Epoisses de Bourgogne League

Happy bird-day, yo!

Maybe you should consider making a browser game next, Cats.
    Jesvice likes this.
  4. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

nottodisushittoagen.gif

I don't want to go in-depth with how much I want to make a browser-based RPG, but denizens of the old forums will know that it's been on my to-do list since forever. Last year, I was close to finishing a JRPG-style turn-based battle system when I realized that it was going to use up a lot of server resources. Every move in the battle has to be confirmed by the server to make sure it was a legit move and see if the values sent by the browser match with those on the server. If not, someone could just edit their stats or change the enemy HP to 0 and win. That's the problem with JavaScript; everyone can see and dynamically change the source code. If you think the forums are slow right now, imagine how a full-featured RPG with anti-cheat would perform. If I ever plan on making one, I would need a private server, which costs a lot more.
    Jesvice likes this.
  5. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

Yes, yes we are. ^_^
  6. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

And here's to another 4 years! Good Job!
    Jesvice likes this.