Magical Girl Madoka Magica

Discussion in 'Anime Alley' started by Cats777, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Wow, who knew a magical girl's life would be tough? I just saw this anime on a whim today, the first anime I've fully watched in years. It was mentioned in a Bioshock: Infinite thread somewhere and it only has 12 episodes, so I thought "Why not?" Anything with time travel and alternate universes interests me.

A reviewer once said it was the Evangelion of magical girl anime. But because Madoka is only 12 episodes long, it doesn't have the length to be as convoluted, philosophical, and rife with fillers as Evangelion. I like that. Also, the ending actually makes sense.

The music reminded me a lot of Yuki Kajiura and, lo and behold, it was actually composed by her. No wonder .hack music kept playing in my head the whole time.

Show Spoiler
    [IMG]
    I knew this little shit was trouble from the beginning.
  2. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

Watched this a few months ago. It messed me up. Good psychological show under the guise of a magical girl anime.

Show Spoiler
    [IMG]Never forget your reaction to episode 3
  3. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

12 eps. Welp. Guess I'll take a look.
  4. 10bit Feta League

I really lost my head around episode 3.
  5. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Show Spoiler
    After Homura's warning and Mami's state of ecstasy, I was expecting the worst. She was heading towards disaster.
  6. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

Dl'd yesterday. This better be good fellaz.
  7. Nyangoro Limburger League

Just finished watching the two film adaptations.

Might just be the best way to watch the series, to be honest. Strings together events at just the right pace, and the two films are split perfectly.
  8. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

I decided to marathon this about two weeks ago because I had nothing to do and why-the-hell-not, and I was not disappointed. While episode 3 was pretty insane, the end of episode 7 was where I was really getting chills. Part of it reminded me of Steins;Gate, too, which was a plus.

So, when are we gonna see Magia and the other PMMM songs in the WAP? (I should note that I literally came back to this forum to post this because I checked the WAP for Magia and it wasn't there.)
  9. xDanielWang Cream League

Watched this a month ago since it was everywhere on my Tumblr. What an amazing anime. God bless it and Homura best girl