VIP Post-Easter Jazzcore

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of jazz. Sadly, there aren't that many games with jazz soundtracks or even that many good jazz remixes of existing tracks. Luckily, Japan has got it all covered. This update is an attempt to "un-weeaboo-fy" the Touhou block by adding some jazz, because everyone knows that jazz is patrician:mono: music and haters are plebs.

Code:
    TH11: Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - xi-on - Satori Maiden ~ 3rd eye
    TH10: Touhou Fuujinroku ~ Mountain of Faith - thj.quartet - kamigami ~The Gensokyo The Gods Loved~
    TH13: Touhou Shinreibyou ~ Ten Desires - thj.quartet - D.D.Groove
    TH08: Touhou Eiyashou ~ Imperishable Night - thj.quartet - Reimu's Groove
    TH09.5: Touhou Bunkachou ~ Shoot the Bullet - FELT - Sky Gate
     exiled from VIP
    TH09.5: Touhou Bunkachou ~ Shoot the Bullet - TOKYO Active NEETs - Tengu-like Everyday Life
    TH07: Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - TOKYO Active NEETs - Circumstances of a Pet Cat
    TH07.5: Touhou Suimusou ~ Immaterial and Missing Power - TOKYO Active NEETs - Tsukie Tengai
     (911th track! NEVAR 5GET!)
    TH07: Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - TOKYO Active NEETs - Silver Spring

• You may have already noticed xi-on's other track, but this one is a completely different style. It's from the group's first jazz album.
    • thj.quartet is a group made up of 4 members that has currently only released 4 albums, and each album just has 4 tracks. If they want to keep this combo, they're done. 444 is also an angel number apparently. You know how those Japs are with them Judeo-Christian allusions.
    • People felt that FELT was too weeaboo. I guess they just weren't feeling it. :giggle: Also, this track had the same source as the next track in the update.
    • Check out how incredibly snazzy this group is.
    • Perfect Cherry Blossom is the first Toohoo game with more than 4 tracks. Why? Because the music is awesome, and TOKYO Active NEETs makes it awesomer.
  2. Streke Edam League

Oh Cats, you're ALIVE!

I'm afraid the amount of toho is reaching critical mass. I'm not complaining.

Also, any updates planned for the Mellow playlist? I use that most often for napping and studying - it's more reliable to get a non-crazy song to focus/sleep to, but I feel like I've heard the same rotation several times. Old Metal Gear got older.
  3. Linkped Cream League

Maybe I could recommend the Pyrite Town Theme from Pokemon Colosseum?