Sci-Fi Steins;Gate

Discussion in 'Anime Alley' started by Streke, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Streke Edam League

Steins;Gate is a Sci-fi, drama, thriller. I'm curious if anyone has watched it, I think its great. In fact, its pretty much the only thing pertaining to anime that I really follow.

Basically - Steins;Gate is a story in which a small group of friends - a "lab" - figure out how to send messages back through time. As they do this, the "worldline" changes, altering the observable present. Only the protagonist, Okabe "Hououin Kyouma" Rintaro, is the only person who can observe the shift in timelines. As they experiment more, some circumstances happen and conspiracies come through, endangering peoples lives. As such Rintaro tries to undo the changes to get back to the normal worldline.

My signature at present is a character from the series - Makise Kurisu.

If you have not watched it and you're a bloody otaku weaboo fan of anime, then I highly suggest it. The only shortcomings I can forsee is a distinct lack of mecha and excessive fanservice. A Visual Novel of it exists as well, which actually came before the movie.
  2. Nyangoro Limburger League

I'm a big fan of Steins;Gate. Not only is it the best anime to tackle time travel, but it tackles it better than most media in general. Really, really impressive.

I've been enjoying Robotic;Notes as well, though Chaos;Head is absolute garbage and I cannot tolerate the main character `3`
  3. Streke Edam League

I'm enjoying Robotics;Notes to a point - but the main character is just so uncaring at the point I'm at. He's funny in that he has his gaming quirk, but he gets stale with his devout apathy. I'm hoping he'll shape up soon.

Nobody likes Chaos;Head, to my knowledge.
  4. Chezhead Limburger League

I love Steins;Gate to death, and would likely consider it my favorite anime at the moment.
    Streke likes this.
  5. Streke Edam League

Bless 'ye heart, its pretty much the only anime I've willingly went through entirely, it's so great. The environment, the pseudoscience concepts, the applications of common scientific phenomena, it all blends really well.

... this is probably the only topic I'll ever post into in this subforum...
  6. Ren Limburger League

+1 for Steins;Gate. Unfortunately for me, I decided to look up spoilers before the end of the series. Still one of my favorite Anime, though. I wanted to be a mad scientist after watching it too. I also have never been more sexually confused about an anime (Ruka).
  7. Nithron Gruyere League

Steins;Gate is definitely my favorite anime. I am currently watching (and enjoying) Robotics;Notes, and I think I was the only person to like Chaos;Head.
  8. Streke Edam League

I'm currently watching Robotics;Notes as well - Can you recommend Chaos;Head? A buddy of mine couldn't recommend it, and said that the VN was much better.
  9. Nithron Gruyere League

I did recommend Chaos;Head to a friend, he seemed to like it.
  10. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

Just to let you guys know, I'm blaming you for making me like Steins;Gate. Darn you all!

Also thanks, or something.
  11. Streke Edam League

Good on ya, mate! You won''t regret it! (Hopefully?)

El. Psy. Congroo.
  12. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

I most certainly haven't. For the record, I had already watched the series by that post.

(...Hey. It's me. The organization's starting to catch on to me. Initiate Operation Fenrir. Over and out.)
  13. Streke Edam League

Post-New-Years Thread rez.

I recently watched the Steins;Gate movie with a buddy of mine, and I must admit that if you had enjoyed the series at all, it is an amazing followup. Such drama.
    It's more Kurisu centric, explains a bit more, and perhaps obfuscates other plot elements in paradoxes. They also snuck in some alternative routes in the VN that weren't in the episodes, very nice. It's probably the most satisfying follow-up movie I've ever watched.