Question Trophy requirements?

Discussion in 'Query Canteen' started by aturtledoesbite, Dec 2, 2012.

1. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

Some of the trophies in the list are obvious in how they are earned, but others, such as Conspiracy Expert and L33t H4x0r, don't seem to have a clear method of earning. Some of them kinda look like you earn them when you have certain games on Steam? It's kinda hard to tell. That may have been a design choice on your end, but at least tell us what we did to get the trophies we've already earned.
  2. Streke Edam League

I, too, have some trouble with the trophies. It's all fine and dandy having some sort of mysterious description, but when I randomly get l33t h4x0r or whatever, along with a whole slew of other trophies, and haven't don't anything - I'm confused. Also, I can easily get the Obvious facebook achievement, but when I associate with Steam, I don't get anything from that, despite one trophy hinting strongly at it? edit: alright, scratch that, I got the steam trophy...

Not looking for a strategy guide, just wondering how some of these trophies work. I like them, though...
  3. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Yes, most of them are related to Steam games, and I'd like to keep them a mystery. I don't want to influence any buying decisions. I'm still testing the functionality of Steam-related trophies, so values and other things may change.

As for not getting trophies right away, there's a schedule for the system to check trophy status once every hour. So just wait an hour and you should get them.
  4. Streke Edam League

That makes sense. Did I get the l33t h4x0r one from going to t-LOSING THE GAME.
  5. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

It would be nice to know what we did to earn the trophies we already have, though. I'm wondering about l33t h4x0r myself, too, since I somehow got it. (Though, looking at Streke's game list, I have a fairly decent idea what game it's associated with.)
  6. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

The current system only allows for a one-time description that's public to all, so that's not really possible right now.
  7. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

Ah, alright then. I figure that's low-priority in the list of things to do, anyway. :p
  8. Streke Edam League

I'm pretty sure that one in particular isn't steam-game related, unless Cats is a fan of Uplink or perhaps Frozen Synapse.

Which I highly doubt, Uplink is pretty hipster-tier.
  9. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Haha, I'm a fan of all the Introversion games, including Prison Tycoon(but I won't shell $30 for it). I guess you could say I'm both hipster and mainstream. What I'd like to do is create trophies for a large assortment of games for all types of gamers while having enigmatic descriptions for them that still relate to the game in some way.
  10. Streke Edam League

Fair enough. I'll take that as a yes :p

I can also assume the freeman one's HL2, the Capitalism, Ho is from that shopkeeper dungeon game, and the Team Undead Killer thing's from L4D. (2?)
  11. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

Capitalism, Ho is Recettear, and I believe the one about being a little girl is Chantelise. Also I think there are trophies for Shogun 2, DEFCON, and Garry's Mod. As for the one about buying a free game, my only guess is Cave Story.
    Squeaks McRetard likes this.
  12. Streke Edam League

Oh, thats what they were called - I know them, just don't have 'em, and too lazy to look up.
    I was unaware of the shogun one, The Gmod one was pretty easy to guess, and I was disappointed in DEFCON - it makes sense, but Nuclear Launch was generally popular among SC, in my experience.

I better buy cave story + then.