VIP VIP Turns 8!

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

The VIP is 8 years old today! Just imagine 8 years ago, a small video game playlist of around 100 tracks was posted on 4chan /f/. Now it's got over 1100 tracks and can barely load. Thank you all for listening! :D

In the spirit of the season, this update will be winter-themed.

Code:
    Civilization VI - Sogno di Volare ("The Dream of Flight")
    Super Mario 64 - Tee Lopes - Cool Cool Mountain
    Globulous - Snow Delta
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team - C-Curt - A Brief Winter Trek
    Snowboard Kids - The Second Story - They Call Me Snow Bigman
    Donkey Kong Country - The OneUps - Ice Cave Enchantment
    Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast - Mutherpluckin’ B - Alpine Peak (After Ski Party)
    Secret of Mana 2 - The Amazing Brando - Another Winter
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - (M+), Lauren the Flute, PokéMatt - El Lienzo Perdido
    ActRaiser - Yes Mayhem - Northwall
    Persona 3 - Ailsean, Nikolai - Winter in Iwatodai
    Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - The World Is Square - Snow Dancing in the Schoolyard
    Mega Man 10 - Flying Knee - Kill Chill

• OK, first something that doesn't have anything to do with winter, but it's just a song that can't be ignored. It's the main theme to Civilization VI. They brought the Grammy-winning Christopher Tin, composer of Baba Yetu, back after 10 years! Although it's a bit repetitive and doesn't hold a candle to Baba Yetu, the track's still pretty epic and relates to Civ very well. In fact, the lyrics are based on Leonardo da Vinci's writings on flight.
    • Tee Lopes is a pretty talented dude. You may have heard his Sonic remixes. Well, he's been hired by Sega to work on Sonic Mania! Finally, something Sega has done right.
    • Globulous has been on the backlog for quite a while. The music is from the talented zircon and Jeff Ball. More songs are on the backlog, but they're not winter-themed.
    • The rest of the update comes from a FREE Christmas video game album by Various Artists. A group of musicians got together and cooked up this pretty lengthy album. Despite what the name and image suggests, much of the album is not comfy at all.

Happy non-denominational holiday season, everyone! Here's to 8 more years!
  2. kitemage Cheddar League

Mmff, that FFTA track, much nostalgia for me.
  3. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

4. XzX_0V3R_$W4GUL4TE_XzX Epoisses de Bourgogne League

Happy Birthday VIP ^^
  5. Sarah Cream League

Totally about had a panic attack when the URL to my bookmark no longer worked today. Just wanted to say that I'm so glad this playlist exists. I don't know where I found it, or how long I've been listening (It's been years) but I listen to this constantly, especially at work. So I made an account to say thanks. Cheers!
  6. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Thank you for listening! I wouldn't have done it without people like you.