Discussion HTML5 Player Testing?

Discussion in 'Playlists' started by Asrael, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Asrael Cream League

Here's a player that I've created in my spare time, using Javascript and HTML5 instead of Flash.

Try it out here.

A brief feature list:
    ----

- Responsive interface fits any reasonable window size, with SVG icons and CSS gradients

- Open source

- Prev and Next buttons retain a history of songs that have played.

- Smoother animations

- Song information panel, accessible by clicking the little gear on the right side of the player's controls.

- All playlists selectable from the same page

- Cover art for most tracks in VIP, with a full-size view if you click the little thumbnail

- Themes, mostly based off of Cats' Aersia concept.

- Custom theme creator, with the ability to export and import theme files.

- Different layouts for touch interfaces, and streamers

- Share songs. Click the little share icon below the song's information to copy a link to it.

- Forbid a song from automatically playing by clicking the little "power off" icon below a song's information.

----

I've been working on this project for a little while, so I wanted to open it up to the community and get some feedback and bug reports. I'm interested to know what you all think, whether it works great, is horribly broken for you, or just could use a few tweaks. There's a Known Issues list on the repository page (click 'Open source').
  2. Joshua Nicholson Cream League

Thanks for this, with chrome starting to block flash with newer builds I felt this was a much needed update.
  3. XzX_0V3R_$W4GUL4TE_XzX Epoisses de Bourgogne League

damn this must've taken a while. Thank you!
  4. Asrael Cream League

It was pretty quick to be functional, at least replicating the original player's behaviors. Enhancements took longer, like the cover art probably took the longest, just because my "intelligent" weighting algorithm initially thought it was a great idea to have only terrible pictures like the CD, the back of the manual, or the jewel case insert for the game.
  5. Lili Wensleydale League

Very nice thank you !

So far the old flash player isn't working anymore for me, and this one works perfectly, so far.
  6. Asrael Cream League

I've released 0.1.3, which is already up on the same demo page. Mostly internal fixes and updating the playlist to have the most recent songs, but the playlist does sort itself automatically now.
  7. kitemage Cheddar League

I was trying to use this in Tabletop Simulator, but it almost crashed my game because it kept trying to reopen constantly! I was just wondering if there was a way to make a Tabletop Simulator friendly version? Maybe with an seed option so a group can get kinda the same song at the same time?
  8. Asrael Cream League

Unfortunately it seems like there's nothing I can do to get that to work. I didn't encounter the same error you did with it re-opening over and over, but when I tried it the player just broke and said "Can't play song".

After doing some research, I found out that the embedded browser in Tabletop Simulator is Chrome version 18. This is almost five years old, and that's why the player looks completely hideous.

Realistically though, ugly or not, it should work. I downloaded and ran Chrome version 18 myself, and the page did play music, so it must be something with Tabletop Simulator's browser. There's nothing that Tabletop Simulator can really do about this, it's actually contained in a library called Awesomeium, which they don't have control over.

Edit: Turns out that the tablet browser can't play MP3 or M4A files! This is probably because Awesomeium is based on Chromium, which is the open-source version of Chrome, meaning it can't include proprietary codecs like MP3. So, one day, when all the music is converted to OGG or OPUS, this might work.
  9. kitemage Cheddar League

Gee, thanks for getting back and testing it so much! On my end with testing it with other players in a multiplayer room, the .swf will play music but has a blank gray display, so you can't lower the volume any. And it plays pretty loud. And with the html5 version, it tries to reboot contentiously with what I can guess it the random song picker at the start.

I have noticed it has different behaviors when in single player and on a multiplayer game. But I guess that requires a bunch of testing...

Anyways, thanks for looking at it! I'd just thought I'd see if there was an easy solution.
  10. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

To be more specific, according to this, Chromium can play the standard AAC format! But unfortunately, all of the playlist's music is encoded in the AAC-LC codec, which Chromium can't play. I've been using that particular codec for many years, since it optimizes low bit-rate compression(good audio quality for low file sizes).

So I'm sad to say that the HTML5 player won't work in Tabletop Simulator.
  11. Asrael Cream League

I've released 0.1.4, which includes the new music from VIP, fixes a couple bugs, and has a fixed-seed sharing option. It can't be triggered in the interface, but if you load the player with
    Code:
    /#seed=whatever
    at the end of the URL, it will use 'whatever' as a seed.
  12. _Althalus_ Casu Marzu League

I don't know if I'm the only one but if i try to switch between the playlists it just says playlist fails to load is there something i am doing wrong? But other thank that and a few other things i love it.