VIP Happy Va-Rance-tine's Day! #vip

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

https://vipvgm.net

In the spirit of love, this update is dedicated to gaming's most prominent polyamorous protagonist, the one and only Rance. For those who may not know, AliceSoft's Rance series is the longest-running H-series in history (according to Wikipedia), with a remarkable 30 years between the first game and the last. But don't let the "H" fool you; this series is much more than just seggs. Each game boasts unique gameplay that keeps players engaged and entertained. In fact, many fans claim that they play for the gameplay rather than the H-scenes (which, by the way, are skippable through button mashing or holding down a button if they're not your cup of tea).

Rance is the titular anti-hero of the series. With his trusty Hyper Weapon firmly in hand, he's on a mission to conquer the hearts (and other parts) of every hot babe in sight. He accomplishes this mainly by tossing his toxic testosterone into women's panties in a wholesome, nonconsensual manner. But it's all in a relatively comical fashion. In fact, there's a tag dedicated to it on VNDB. And somehow, every woman falls in love with him afterward. Yes, that's probably what makes it comical, maybe.

Consider this update as a continuation of the last update. I was revisiting the Sengoku Rance OST when I thought, "Hey, why don't I just binge on Rance soundtracks?" Thus, I indulged in pretty much every Rance soundtrack I could find. Brace yourself for a barrage of banging beats!

Code:
    Rance III: Leazas Kanraku - Main Title
    Rance IV – Legacy of the Sect – - The Enemy Within
    Kichikuou Rance - Dangerous Mezashi Cat - Rough Edge
    Kichikuou Rance - Dangerous Mezashi Cat - Ontology ~ Wailing ~
    Rance 5D: Lonely Girl - All Your Power
    Sengoku Rance - Advance On (v2)
    Rance Quest - Sentou Bosu Bosu
    Rance Quest - Sentou Waru
    Rance Quest - L-Minatsu - Yagai Tansaku (Arrange)
    Rance IX: The Helmanian Revolution - Helman Battle3
    Rance IX: The Helmanian Revolution - Helman Battle2
    Rance IX: The Helmanian Revolution - Now or Never!
    Rance 01: Quest for Hikari - Call 'Em as I See 'Em
    Rance 01: Quest for Hikari - Infinite chaser
    Rance 03: The Fall of Leazas - Battle Party
    Rance 03: The Fall of Leazas - Hochdruckpumpe
    Rance 03: The Fall of Leazas - Attack on Dragon!
    Rance 03: The Fall of Leazas - We're Dead! Drop Dead!
    Rance X – Showdown – - Unique Battle
    Rance X – Showdown – - Blood Memories
    Rance X – Showdown – - Scrub Battle
    Rance X – Showdown – - Normal Battle
    I'm not gonna describe every game. The only Rance game I've played is Sengoku Rance, a strategy conquest game set in an alternate Sengoku period of Japan. It's the most popular Rance game and was spammed to oblivion when it was FOTM. It's definitely worth playing just for the gameplay.

Many folks consider Kichikuou Rance as their favorite Rance game. Admittedly, it's a pretty dark and depressing game, so I get where they're coming from. The game also happens to be the "Final Fantasy" of AliceSoft, meaning it was their make-it-or-break-it game to avoid going belly up. Fortunately, it became one of their best-selling games and saved the company. (too bad it's not canon)

Rance X is the series' final game, and AliceSoft spared no expense. This beast boasts a staggering 260,000 lines of [Japanese] dialogue. By comparison, the entire Mass Effect trilogy only has 85,000 lines of dialogue. Rance X came out in 2018, but the English translation is only around 50% complete. And let's be honest; no one's crazy enough to spend their life doing the fan translation for this monstrosity.

Hey, that just means there's plenty of time to play the rest of the series, which is somewhat of a prerequisite. I don't know which Rance game you'd wanna start with since a bunch of them can be standalone, including Sengoku Rance. Just read some guide or whatever.

Yeah, that's it. No more Rance games forever. And so, as we celebrate this day, let's not forget the twisted wisdom Rance imparted upon us: sometimes, the best way to a woman's heart is forcefully through her panties. (please don't follow this)
    kamuiarikado likes this.
  2. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League