VIP Final Fantasy Update #vip

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

https://vipvgm.net

First of all, I would like to deeply apologize for the lack of updates in the last few months. Things... happened. But let's not dwell on those things. This update is a celebration of one of the most successful and overrated franchises in the history of man.

Code:
    Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood - eScape
    Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - To the Edge
    Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Shadowbringers
    Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - A Long Fall
    Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - High Treason
    Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers - Unwound
    Let's start with the main reason for this update. Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime. I've waited literally years to add Shadowbringers tracks. Why? Because it wasn't until recently that they released the final OST for the expansion! (Endwalker comes out on November 23December 7, BTW) Soken really outdid himself with this expansion, evoking a roller coaster of emotions. It's absolutely brilliant. The prevalent musical theme for this expansion is some kind of orchestral funk metal. It was super hard for me to choose which tracks to add, so, uh, I'm adding 5 tracks. People don't call this expansion "Shadowbangers" for nothing.

You may hear some melodies from FFIII in there. I'm not gonna spoil anything, except to say that FFIII's Crystal Tower has been in FFXIV since its early days and has re-emerged as a prominent figure during Shadowbringers.

[Not so] Fun Fact: Soken composed "To The Edge" while in the hospital dying of cancer. He's fine now, but it was kept a secret the whole time. The developers had a cry on stage about it.

Code:
    Final Fantasy Adventure - Kenji Ito - Rising Sun
    Final Fantasy Adventure - Kenji Ito - Mana's Mission
    Final Fantasy - Deadball P - Matoya's Cave
    Final Fantasy - MyNewSoundtrack - Game Over
    Final Fantasy IV - Mustin - Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV
    Final Fantasy IV - Mustin - Theme of Love
    Final Fantasy V - Yasumasa Sato, Siena Wind Orchestra - Main Theme of Final Fantasy V
    Final Fantasy V - pesama - Music Box ~ My Home, Sweet Home
    Final Fantasy VI - DDRKirby(ISQ) - There's Nothing Like Flying
    Final Fantasy IX - Peter Anthony Smith - A Place to Call Home [Feat. TeraCMusic]
    Final Fantasy X - Critical Hit - To Zanarkand
    Final Fantasy XI - Takahito Eguchi -  Voyager
      replacing Final Fantasy XI - Voyager
    Final Fantasy XI - Naoshi Mizuta - Metalworks
    Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan - Takahito Eguchi - Rapid Onslaught -Assault-
    Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess - Masato Koda, Naoshi Mizuta - Wings of the Goddess
    Final Fantasy XII - timaeus222 - Crystal Gradient
    And here's the rest of the update. There's finally a FFX track on the VIP! :D

Code:
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper - The Beginning of the End (FFType-0, FFRK Ver. arrange)
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper - Stand Your Ground FFRK Ver. arrange from FFXV
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper - The Decisive Battle FFVI Ver. 2, FFRK Version arrange
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper - Tyro's Theme
    I was looking for a good arrangement of FFVI's "Decisive Battle", one of my all-time favorite battle themes, and the only one that really clicked with me was the one from Record Keeper. Then I found out the game has a pretty awesome OST, including some of the best arrangements. Too bad the game is gatcha trash.

Reminder that Endwalker comes out on November 23December 7. RIP, WoW.
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

In other news, my dad passed away four weeks ago. Now I know what it's like to experience true loss - the loss of someone you lived with for most of your life.

My dad was like a rock in my family and the smartest man I knew. He was a doctor and at the same time liked to cook and fix things around the house. He was also dependable and someone that anyone can approach for advice and comfort. When he died, it felt like a part of me died with him. Never in my life have I felt so much sadness. Imagine walking down the street, then just randomly bursting into tears. Imagine crying every time someone tries to console you. There's now a void and emptiness in my life that will eventually fill with time, but some pain will yet linger.

My mom, three aunts, two cousins, and 100-year-old grandfather all had covid with minimal symptoms because of their vaccinations. My dad was the unfortunate exception. The man was healthy and fully vaccinated; he exercised more than I did. While he was in the hospital, I was reading about stories of unvaccinated people who survived after being on a ventilator for months. My dad only lasted one month. It was a long and grueling month of suffering as his lungs were slowly dying and subsequently his organs were shutting down, one by one. It would've felt excruciating had my dad not been pumped full of opioids. Like a bad episode of House MD, the doctors couldn't figure out what his underlying conditions were that made his symptoms so bad, and we'll probably never know.

In a terrible stroke of luck, my dad died less than a week before my grandfather's 100th birthday. The funeral was held a day before the birthday celebration. There was supposed to be something huge planned with relatives from around the world coming in, but all of that changed when my dad was admitted to the hospital. Some relatives still flew in to pay respects. I'm just glad they were here and everyone was gathered together under one roof, reminiscing and sharing some good times with my dad. We were also video conferencing with relatives abroad. It was less like a mourning and more like a celebration of his life.

The first three days after his death were brutal for me. As I mentioned before, I cried waterfalls. During those first three days, I was constantly visualizing my dad saying "everything's going to be alright" and it brought me some semblance of comfort. It still didn't stop me from crying. After those three days, however, I sort of accepted it. Although I'm still filled with disbelief, there's no use wallowing in sorrow and depression. He's dead and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I guess you could say I've adopted the Stoic philosophy in regards to death. Death is a part of life and time goes on. And so, I have to move on in honor of his memory and for the sake of my mom.

RIP in peace, dad. Thanks for everything. Now you have all the steak you can eat and wine you can drink. Say hello to Satoru Iwata for me.
  3. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're handling it as well as you can. As you already know.. time will make it better.
  4. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)