VIP Langrisser, Remakes, and Yuzo #vip

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I have to do this update before I forget (again) which track goes to which Langrisser! Langrisser games get remade every few years with arranged music and each spinoff game arranges the music from the first two games. It's madness, not to mention confusing!

Note: If I don't put a year or console next to the game title, assume it's not a re-release, unless the re-release has a different title from the original release. (See how confusing this shit is?)
    Code:
    Langrisser: The Descendants of Light - Your Army BGM 3 [Sword of Holy]
    Langrisser: The Descendants of Light - Enemy Army BGM 3 [Scramble]
    Langrisser: The Descendants of Light - Your Army BGM 1 [Kingdom Knight]
    Langrisser II - Ally 2 [Knights errant]
    Der Langrisser - Ending 1
    Der Langrisser FX - Enemy 2 Bargas
    Langrisser I (2019) - Your Army BGM 5 [Breakthrough]
    Langrisser I (2019) - Your Army BGM 4 [With Light]
    Langrisser I (2019) - Your Army BGM 2
    Langrisser II (2019) - Allied Reinforcements 2
    Langrisser II (2019) - Staff Roll
    Langrisser is an obscure Fire Emblem ripoff series. The first one was released a year after the first FE. The most obvious gameplay difference I spotted between the two is that in Langrisser, each battle is more massive, making you feel like you're commanding an actual army, which I like. I've always wanted to get into the series, but I heard the early versions are a tad difficult and the ones that are not part of the main series are just plain garbage. The games in the main series (I to V) have been remade every few years until they stopped. And now, more than 20 years after the last remake, the first two have been remade again for the Switch/PS4. Looking forward to the US release this year.

Code:
    Langrisser Re:Incarnation -TENSEI- - Stage Result
    Langrisser Re:Incarnation -TENSEI- - Simulation Part -Advantage 4-
    Langrisser Re:Incarnation -TENSEI- - Ending
    Langrisser Re:Incarnation -TENSEI- is what most people say is a terrible game, but the music is top-notch, even though they are arrangements of the music from the first two games. As I mentioned, this is a common thing in the spinoff games, which makes picking the best version of the tracks more difficult. I think it's understandable, because the music from the first two are awesome and they were composed by the incomparable Noriyuki Iwadare, who has also done music for Lunar, Grandia, and hell even Phoenix Wright games.

Code:
    Langrisser III - Enemy Attack 1
    Langrisser IV - Opening
    Langrisser IV - Scenario 1- Initial Conversation Scene, Others
    I'm not saying the music from Langrisser 3 & 4 are bad. There are some cool tracks, but they are few and far between.

Code:
    Langrisser V: The End of Legend - RUNFORD
    Langrisser V: The End of Legend - FINAL
    Langrisser V: The End of Legend - S-066(SIGMA)
    Luckily, they brought back Noriyuki Iwadare for Langrisser 5.

Code:
    Streets of Rage Remake - The Last Soul
    Streets of Rage Remake - Little Money Avenue
    Streets of Rage Remake - Keep The Groovin'
    Streets of Rage Remake - The Return Of Mr X
    Why did it take me so long to discover there was an unofficial Streets of Rage Remake?! As a Yuzo Koshiro fan, I feel offended at myself. Well, the music is absolutely astounding. The arrangements sound as if it was an official release; it's all very professionally done. The game itself is pretty good, too. Check it out! Too bad further development was shut down by Sega.

Code:
    Streets of Rage - Introspect - Moon Beach
    Streets of Rage 3 - 8-BeatsVGM - The Poets I (12" Mix)
    Streets of Rage (Game Gear) - Good End
    While we're on the subject of Streets of Rage, let's add a few more tracks.

Code:
    Misty Blue - Misty Blue
    Misty Blue - Catch the step
    ActRaiser - Space Fight
    And now we segue into purely original Yuzo Koshiro territory. Misty Blue is one of his earlier works, pre-Streets of Rage and Actraiser. It's hard to imagine him working on something like a visual novel.

Code:
    Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 - Daystar
    Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 - High-speed Monster
    Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 - Dispatcher
    Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 - Driving Instinct
    Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 6 - Maximum Synergy
    Finally, we reach Yuzo Koshiro's most recent works, the Wangan Midnight series. If you've enjoyed the ones already in the playlist, here are some new ones. I believe doing EDM is Yuzo Koshiro's true calling. I mean, he once DJed the entire Streets of Rage soundtrack in a club. Okay, it was more than once.

Hopefully, Streets of Rage 4 is good, but I'm not a big fan of the super-thicc cartoony graphics. And Yuzo Koshiro is not the sole composer, unfortunately. I guess it won't be that bad if the composer of Jet Set Radio is in it.
    o100nome likes this.
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

In other news, all the music and changelog files are now transferred to vipvgm.net.
    kamuiarikado likes this.