General That April Fool's Update

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Hey guys, today is April Fool's Day. You know what that means? No, this site's not gonna make fun of you like some of those other big corporate sites. It's time for more movie tunes! It's time to update the playlist that shall not be named. You all know that playlist. This one.

Code:
    Les Miserables - Original London Cast - Empty Chairs At Empty Tables
    NeverEnding Story - The NeverEnding Story
    Live and Let Die - Live and Let Die
    Year of the Wolf - Carnival of Rust
    Oblivion - Earth 2077
    Oblivion - Oblivion (feat. Susanne Sundfor)
    Oblivion - Waking Up
    Beowulf (1999) - Guilty (Juno Reactor remix)
    Cosmos: A Personal Voyage - Alpha

• I feel that the original Brits sang this Les Miserables song the best.
    • You probably already know that The NeverEnding Story: The Movie: The Song was performed by Limahl, but did you know that it was composed by none other than Giorgio Moroder? He's the guy that was on that one track in the latest Daft Punk album!
    • Live and Let Die is my favorite Bond theme, created by McCartney's post-Beatles band "Wings".
    • If you're not Finnish, chances are you've never seen or even heard of the movie The Year of the Wolf. In fact, neither have I. The song is here just because it's composed by Poets of the Fall, which already has several tracks in the VIP.
    • Oblivion has quite possibly one of the best movie soundtracks I've ever heard, definitely the best of 2013. The enthralling music was the very first thing I noticed when I first saw it.
    • Beowulf (1999). Ah, Beowulf (1999), a movie that's most likely in a bunch of people's "worst movies of all time" lists. I've had the luck of checking this film out as I was flipping channels(yes, I watch TV). At first I was thinking "oh, a Beowulf movie", then I thought "wait, why is there techno blaring and why does everything look strangely cyberpunk?", then a rave party happened in my room.
    • Here's an iconic soundtrack that Vangelis composed, among others. This is what the music sounded like in the original Cosmos show. It's a shame we've lost some of this flavor in the new one.
  2. EmperorFranky Cheddar League

You are ruining my tuesday night with this endless loop of torture that sounds like Yoshi's Story song fused with the creepyness of an Earthbound song.
  3. Zololab Cheddar League

im completely new here, is there a place for people to submit recommendations?
  4. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Hi, you can post recommendations here in the Playlists forum!

And welcome to Aersia! :D
  5. Extension By Continuity Limburger League

Okay seriously though, what was the song that the VIP list was playing on April 1st? It was beautiful and filled a common room of nerds with great joy. I need to find it forever :3
  6. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

This.