VIP 7th bday

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Hey, take a break from watching Star Warz for the 12th time in a row, I've got something to say!
    personal blog post (open)
    Some of you may be wondering where I've been these past moons. Well, I just got a full-time temp job a couple of months ago. It entails sitting on my ass the whole day in front of a computer. I almost fell asleep the first few weeks, then I thought, "Hey, why not do something actually productive with my time and screen some damn music?" Turns out listening to music helps out a lot when it comes to the monotony of office work. No wonder so many people do it! :D

Anyway, it's that time of the year again, one of only two birthdays I can actually remember! It's been 7 years since the VIP was first created. That's an incredibly long time in Internet years, and it still looks exactly as it did after all these years. Hell, YouTube looked like THIS around the time when the playlist was released. I guess the VIP's design is a timeless classic.

For this birthday, I decided to fulfill requests. That's right, these games were requested by YOU, the listeners. After all, without listeners, the playlist would... still exist, BUT it would simply be a sad, sad playlist. :( Please notice me.

So enjoy this [trump]huuuuuuge[/trump] update.

Code:
    UNDERTALE - Heartache
    UNDERTALE - Dating Start!
    UNDERTALE - ASGORE
    UNDERTALE - MEGALOVANIA
    Threads of Fate - millstones - Last Dungeon ~ Theme of Dewprism
    Threads of Fate - Passing Through the Forest
    Threads of Fate - A Chance Meeting
    Ori and the Blind Forest - Light of Nibel (feat. Aeralie Brighton)
    Ori and the Blind Forest - Fleeing Kuro
    Ori and the Blind Forest - Completing the Circle (feat. Rachel Mellis)
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Mastermind
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Theme of Rhythm Thief
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Throwdown with Napoleon
    Transistor - Heightmap
    Transistor - Impossible
    Transistor - The Spine
    Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - Smooth McGroove - Team Rocket Hideout
    Streets of Rage 2 - Smooth McGroove - Dreamer
    Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Smooth McGroove - Forest Maze
    Mega Man X - Dj CUTMAN, Smooth McGroove - Spark Mandrill
    LittleBigPlanet 3 - Tetracase, Smooth McGroove - Secret Gardens
    Xenogears - Chjolo, Smooth McGroove - One Who Bares Fangs at God

• It's motherfucking UNDERTALE, the most overrated game of 2015... or so I thought. I tend to ignore games that skyrocket in popularity so quickly(MOTM(memegame of the month)), but I just had to check it out after 2 separate threads were at the top of the requests forum. Oh boy, what an emotional rollercoaster(the OST, that is). I could tell the game is plastered with feels by simply listening to the OST. The track "Don't Give Up"(not in this update) almost gave me nightmares. This shit always gets to me. I felt the painful and hopeless struggle emanating from this particular track, and I prayed for the safety of Ness and his friends. I couldn't help but find out where in the game this track takes place, and surely enough, it's in one of the endings. Since I'm already in too deep, I decided to watch videos of all the endings and the weirdness that becomes permanent after each playthrough.
      possible NIER spoiler (open)
      It reminds me of NIER's forced savegame deletion after reaching the final final ending. You can't even use the same name anymore!

It almost makes me regret not backing the Kickstarter. Definitely the best OST of 2015. Note that I didn't add any remixes yet. The reason for this is that people keep farting out remixes like it's the next Touhou, and some of the remixes I want haven't put out any download links yet.(I only download from YT as a very last resort)
    • Threads of Fate(aka DewPrism) has got to be the most obscure Squeenix game, but everyone who's played it has had fond memories of it. Someone must've seen the poll I was posting around. Evidently, I was able to add all 3 tracks.
    • Ori and the Blind Forest is a game about monsters. The art quality in this game is pretty masterful for a platformer. The music reminds me of a cross between Anno and SotC. Definitely the 2nd best OST of 2015.
    • Rhythm Thief atET has composers that worked on games such as Rub Rabbits, Space Channel 5, and various 3D Sonic games.
    • Transistor is a game that was requested for obvious reasons. Definitely one of the best OSTs of 2014. It's from the same talented guys that made Bastion.
    • Remember Smooth McGroove? That viking who liked to mouth video game music? He isn't irrelevant just yet! I screened pretty much all of his works and chose 3 songs that accentuate his range, versatility, and aca-prowess! (yeah, I just did that) Then, I chose 3 songs from a McSmooth remix album, which was released just recently. Remixing covers? Seriously, just check it out! In one fell update, I probably made this guy the most prominent remixer in the VIP. :o

You may now re-enter the theater.
    SirSpitfire likes this.
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

3. SirSpitfire Gruyere League

My first suggestions to get added! <3