VIP-Mellow April Fools!

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

This is not really an update, I fooled you all! What this is is an update on why there hasn't been any updates in the past few months. Around a couple of months ago, my desktop computer just plain quit. I found out that both the mobo and GPU are non-functional. This was a perfect time to upgrade, so I was buying parts for a brand new computer. The problem is that I only buy things when they're on sale and good mini-ITX mobos are rarely on sale. So, I've been using my shitty laptop this whole time. While yes, it's possible to update on my laptop, it's really hard for me to effectively coordinate with just one monitor, so I choose not to update out of laziness. The real reason is that Trump defunded the arts, which is what this is, yeeaahh...

Just kidding, this really is a playlist update! And it's a big one! This time, I'm giving some extra attention to VIP Mellow, which hasn't been updated in a year!

Code:
    TH06: Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - Demetori - Crimson Belvedere ~ Eastern Dream (Acoustic Demo)
    TH11: Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism -  BUTAOTOME - Mouja to Odoru
    TH12.5: Touhou Bunkachou ~ Double Spoiler - BUTAOTOME - Haruka Tooi Sora no Koe
    TH07: Touhou Youyoumu ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom - UI-70 - Sakura, Sakura
    TH12.8: Touhou Sangessei ~ Great Fairy Wars - dBu music - Haru no Hyousei -Sei- ~ Forgot.
    TH06: Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - Floating Cloud - Mon wo Tojita Nochi ni
    TH11: Touhou Chireiden ~ Subterranean Animism - FELT - Revelations
    TH06: Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - FELT - Screen
    TH06: Touhou Koumakyou ~ Embodiment of Scarlet Devil - FELT - Tears of the Moon
    Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet - Dark Clouds ~ Ancient Temple in the Netherworld
    Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet - The Dream is Here ~ Hiroshige No. 36
    Final Fantasy X - Zephyr Cradle - Spira's Spectacle. home way
    Ragnarok Online 2 - Sailing
    Ragnarok Online 2 - Yoru
    Uncharted Waters: New Horizons - Yoko Kanno - EMPTY EYES ~Emerald Sea~
    Uncharted Waters: New Horizons - Yoko Kanno - MAST IN THE MIST ~Misty Harbour~
     renamed from Uncharted Waters: New Horizons - Mast in the Mist
    Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia - Ayumi Iga - Distant Worlds
    Anno 2070 - Power Nap
    Anno 2070 - We Will Carry You
    Anno 2070 - God Smiles (Italian Vocals)
    To the Moon - Everything's Alright
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Don't Be Afraid

• It's about time I populate this playlist with some Touhou. Some of the names of the artists may sound familiar, since they already have some tracks in VIP proper. Demetori usually dabbles in the heavy type of metal, but this is one of those rare cases where he doesn't.
    • Don't let Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet fool you - it's still Touhou. It's part of a game series in the vein of Super Robot Wars, except with Toohoos.
    • I believe this is the very first FF10 track in any of the playlists!
    • I've always been planning on putting these RO2 tracks here. They're a couple of my favorite pieces of video game music and they're just perfect for the playlist.
    • Yoko Kanno composed the music to both RO2 and Uncharted Waters. She's one of my faves.
    • Yes, I know there's already a Distant Worlds track, but I just really like the arrangement on this one. It was in one of the official FF Piano Collections albums, after all.
    • Ah, Anno 2070. The Eco faction has the best calming music in the game.
    • I just had to copy this To the Moon track over from the VIP.
    • Finally, yet another MGS track.

I just realized I skipped over the entire winter season, haha.
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this site is now using SSL/TLS! You may have noticed that the URL now starts with "https://" instead of "http://". This means anything transferred between your computer and the site is encrypted, and therefore secure. Even though your passwords are already encrypted in the database, this makes it double.
    o100nome and sfkingalpha like this.