VIP Badass Update

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

It's the official end of summer, the end of fun and happiness. It's time to head back to school, an institution hell-bent on consuming the fun out of you. All your friends are waiting, so why not? Jimmy still owes you $5.

The bus leaves you in front of the great lawn with the domineering bore academy in plain sight, but there's one problem: your friends aren't there! A group of bullies edge toward you and one of them snidely informs you that your friends have all been taken into a permanent detention facility by the evil dictator principal for unknown(probably bullshit) charges. The bullies then proceed to beat you up and take all your lunch money.

With your trusty iron yo-yo and an empty stomach, are you a bad enough dude to fight through brawny bullies, hulking hall monitors, tyrannical teachers, cyber guard dogs, and the dictator principal(literally Hitler with lasers) to rescue your friends? That $5 from Jimmy would greatly help with the lunch problem.

Code:
    End of Nations - Deflection
    End of Nations - Liberation Front Theme
    End of Nations - Main Theme
    Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Naoto Shibata Project - Cross a Fear
    Aqua Kitty - Kitty Rock
    Final Fantasy VII - Artificial Fear - JENOVA
    Mass Effect - Big Giant Circles - ArmageddoN7
    • Let's start off with some Frank motherfucking Klepacki. I got into the End of Nations alpha last month and was sorely disappointed to see that it was converted from an epic MMORTS to yet another MOBA(with tactical elements). Oh well, at least I was able to rip the God-tier music from it.
    • Do you like cheesy 90s heavy metal? Do you like Castlevania? Fuck yeah, you do. I suggest acquiring the entire Perfect Selection: Dracula Battle album. All the tracks are gold.
    • Aqua Kitty, the obligatory obscure game of the update.
    • FF7 joins the 4+ tracks club!
    • Finally, a pretty damn good Mass Effect remix.

Also, congratulations to Project Phoenix for a successful campaign!
    Jesvice likes this.
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Today just happens to be 9/11, the day of the great crash. Never forget. USA! USA! USA!
  3. Streke Edam League

Most beautiful story. This is clearly the best update thus far.

If I dare ask, how is playlist work going for you? I suspect the entire revamping or engine swapping is going well?
  4. [で丂] trunks55 Pecorino League

but what about kingdom hearts tho :o
  5. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

The gameplay would be a cross between Castlevania, Mega Man, and Umihara Kawase.

To be honest, I've only been experimenting on different UI designs, and none of the backend stuff. It should really be the other way around. >_> I'll work on it more once the temperature drops.

There's nothing badass about that.
  6. [で丂] trunks55 Pecorino League

I have actually never thought of that :o Still tho some of the songs like lazy afternoons would go well in the mellow (Dismiss is also a pretty badass boss theme imo )
    These are all my opinins tho, I guess I like KH to much to have many logical opinions of it, if that makes any sense at all. I also don't know how they deal with copyright, but there are several youtube videos of the OST that haven't been touched, so i guess they are pretty relaxed about it. Either way it's your shot, i feel like KH could be seen on the list, but that is all up to you :3