Important Confirmation Email Fixed!

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

All confirmation emails are sent using Bearsia's account. He changed his gmail password mid-September and forgot to tell me. Bad support officer! In actuality, I was the one who changed his password and wasn't aware of the consequences at the time.

Because of this, people were prevented from registering a new account for the past 3 months! Another thing that was prevented was the notification emails. If you were one of those people who tried to register during the past several months without a confirmation email, you can try having your confirmation email re-sent.

I already manually validated the people who registered this month, but I'm too lazy to do the rest. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have done this, because I may have inadvertently validated some potential spam accounts. Oh well... :rolleyes:

My hugest apologies to those who were affected! :oops: Happy holidays, everyone!
  2. Bearsia Chief Support Officer

ROWR u screwd up big dis time! BIG ROWR but i gues i jus hav 2 grin n bear it cuz im stuck with ur dumb ass 4evar!!1
  3. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Confirmation Email Fixed AGAIN!

It seems Bearsia got screwed by Google again, which took some steps to try and silence him. I didn't feel like creating a new thread for this one, since it seems to be a recurring issue.

I found this in the "OFF" position:
    [IMG]

This started in January, apparently. It turns out Google will periodically turn this off after a while. I've got to be more mindful of this in the future. Either that, or take a bit of time to update these ancient forums.

EDIT: I also found that Bearsia's emails are going to the spam folder. Google just keeps trying to shut him down.