VIP Request Dwarf Fortress

Discussion in 'Playlists' started by Levyafan, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Levyafan Casu Marzu League

Full name: Slaves to Armok: God of blood; Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress.
    Reason of contributing: the soundtrack is fitting game as good as music can fit into soundless roguelike game. Also Dwarf Fortress IMHO is not too popular
    Youtube video and MP3 download link (open)
  2. Streke Edam League

Dwarf Fortress is pretty well known, all things considered.

Unless you define popular as unplayed, in which the reason is that for many people, text-based, high-learning-curve roguelikes aren't really well built for people to get into and stay into. It's built infamy with the learning curve, and can be considered to have a sort of cult-following. It's not popular in that of an AAA game like CoD Blops or the common youtube-ing visit of Amnesia - The Dark Descent, but its popularity is akin, I believe, to a pre-console Cave Story or a Spelunky. Plus, it wasn't really built for the common, casual gamer anyways. Thus, that's how I've gone about defining "popular" in this case.

Regarding the song, it's not too bad, I might listen to this off-and-on. However, it sounds less like a strong impression song, and more of something suited for the VIP Mellow. Just my personal thoughts on the song.

Too lazy to tl;dr, sorry.