Discussion Favorite Anime

Discussion in 'Anime Alley' started by ZippyDoo, Jan 3, 2013.

1. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

I'm sure we all have favorite anime. So what's yours?

My top shows are Angel Beats, Trigun, and GoSick. What I like about all of them is that they follow the same kind of story setup. It starts off more lighthearted and funny, but It turns into really serious business towards the end. I could talk for ages about what I like about each one, but I'd be here forever.
  2. LegendaryShino Limburger League

There are a few animes that i have fallen in love with. Ghost in the Shell (everything), Planetes, Samurai X, Last Exile, .hack//sign ( and expanded universe), Gundam (80% of the universe).... there are probably some more. but to me, a good anime series must have replay value + you must have an connection to it in some way shape or form.
  3. SgtDildo Colby League

Heya!

I think my favorite anime is FLCL and I'm not even mad about it. This thing is art and has the most quality per minute of any anime I've even seen because it has so much packed intro a small time frame. All the symbolism and the great soundtrack is also something I enjoy immensely just by themselves.

I agree on the emotional bond, but I would argue that it doesn't necessary need to have "replay value" for this to exist.

That being said:
    Cowboy bepop is the classiest of animes I've ever seen.
    Great Teacher Onizuka, it is really funny.
    Mushishi, because I love the calm theme, and it got me laid once.
    One piece is what I loved as a kid.
    Welcome to the NHK gets some love, because of the psychology references and motivation.
    And last but not least; Hellsing ultimate, the first episodes, is the most badass thing I've ever seen.

Oh and my favorite movie is Porco Rosso, I'm in love with that thing.

If you think you'd be able to make any recommendations from seeing this list, please feel free to do so. ^_^