PC Have you gotten the latest Humble Bundle?

Discussion in 'Video Game Discussion' started by Streke, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Streke Edam League

So, the Humble Bundle site has recently released the "THQ Humble Bundle", if you hadn't seen it already. Generally, the Humble Bundle uses it's influence to promote Indie games, but this time around it's perhaps a more company based showcase this time around.
    They donate to a variety of charities, this time being Child's Play and the American Red Cross.
    There is a minimum of a dollar as payment to get the games.
    Games are:
    • Company of Heroes + Opposing Fronts/Tales of Valor DLC
    • Metro 2033
    • Darksiders
    • Red Faction: Armageddon
    If you beat the average payment (5.60 USD at time of post), you also recieve:
    • Saint's Row: The Third
    • Titan Quest
    • Red Faction : Armageddon Path to War DLC

Generally, these deals by the Humble Bundle are open for Mac and Linux, but this one in particular is restricted for Windows this time around.
    Sooo, have you gotten it? Can't? Already own most of the games? No credit card access? What's Steam?
  2. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

I've gotten just about every Humble Bundle since the third one I believe. (It had Cave Story) I decided to pass on this bundle because I wasn't interested in any of the games really. I'm sure they're fine and fun though.
  3. Streke Edam League

I must admit, these games aren't for everyone - I can really only recommend Company of Heroes, it's an excellent RTS which I can't play because it's highly tactical as opposed to a Starcraft - style army buidling and flash micro. Darksiders is great for a simple hack-and-slash experience. I've also heard good things about Saint's Row, but nothing personal.

Everything else I'm relatively unfamiliar about. Need more time to play and such, y'know?
  4. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Haha, of course. I only bought it for Saints Row 3, because $5 for SR3.
  5. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

That would have been my purpose for buying the bundle. But then I said to myself "Will I actually play it?" and then decided against buying it.
  6. Blue Epoisses de Bourgogne League

Heck yes I did!
    I really wanted that
    Show Spoiler
    SR3 OST.

Shame on me.
  7. Streke Edam League

Hah, OST can be purchased with a payment under a dollar as well - but it's probably good to have a copy via the site as well.

No CoH fans? I take it RTS isn't the hottest point going around here.
  8. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

I used to be real big on RTSs. I sort of thought that I wouldn't be able to dedicate the play time toward another one. We could talk RTSs in another thread.
  9. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I've had CoH for years. I still have the physical copies of CoH and Opposing Fronts. It's a good old game that everyone should really have a least one copy by now.
  10. Jagged Cheddar League

The only game that really piques my interest is Metro 2033. The other games besides CoH, I have already played and beaten.

I'm hoping for the next Humble Bundle to include Dustforce, as I am so close to breaking down and purchasing it. I already know a previous bundle had it, but they have included past games in their bundles before. A man can hope.
  11. Streke Edam League

Aah, you're onea' dem Hardcore Platoformin' speedrunnin' types, I take it? Super Meat Boy not innovative enough? Beat Ducktales in under 22 minutes?
    In all honestly, I respect these people greatly, I can't clear platformers well at all.

Also, regarding Metro 2033, I've read into how it's a really high-performance game, and that it's difficult to get it to run on a weaker rig. I personally use a laptop, with stock components, capable of running Team Fortress at high and Borderlands at low, but stricken with lag at Magicka. :/ Thats primarily why I haven't installed that myself.
  12. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I can run Skyrim with the high-res pack on high settings with decent FPS on my laptop, yet Metro 2033 on the lowest settings runs like shit. It's still playable though.
  13. Streke Edam League

Wonderful News Everybody! Dawn of War has been added to the bundle, so anyone who likes the Warhammer 40k universe should be happily saddled with DoW.
    Only two more days left before the bundle expires!