VIP Insane Update in the Rain

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, May 30, 2023.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

https://vipvgm.net

Hey there, folks! I know it's been a while. I was busy with the newfangled Steam Deck I bought over a month ago. It's my first-ever Linux computer! And one of the first things I did was install a Switch emulator and play Switch games. :p I've also been engrossed in Honkai: Star Rail, a turn-based RPG from the makers of Genshin Impact, but a little more on that later.

This update is dedicated to one arranger: insaneintherainmusic.

Code:
    Diddy Kong Racing - insaneintherainmusic - Pirate Lagoon
    Super Mario Sunshine - insaneintherainmusic - Ricco Harbor
    Mario Kart 8 - insaneintherainmusic - Dolphin Shoals
    Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - insaneintherainmusic - Iris (ft. Sab Irene)
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - insaneintherainmusic - Sunyshore City
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - insaneintherainmusic - Route 216
    Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - insaneintherainmusic - Eterna Forest
    Pokemon Black/White - insaneintherainmusic - Route 10 (feat. ToxicxEternity)
    Animal Crossing: Wild World - insaneintherainmusic - Title Theme
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - insaneintherainmusic - Market
    The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - insaneintherainmusic - Rito Village
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - insaneintherainmusic - New Wave Bossa Nova
    Halo 3: ODST - insaneintherainmusic - Rain
    Sonic the Hedgehog - insaneintherainmusic - Spring Yard Zone (ft. Swiggles1987)
    Sonic R - insaneintherainmusic - Can You Feel the Sunshine
    Celeste - insaneintherainmusic - Mirror Temple - Mirror Magic Mix
    Deltarune: Chapter 1 - insaneintherainmusic - Field of Hopes and Dreams
    Deltarune: Chapter 2 - insaneintherainmusic - A Cyber's World (Band Cover)
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl - insaneintherainmusic - Bramble Blast
    As I was saying, in this update we're shining a spotlight on the arranger formerly known as insaneintherainmusic. I say "formerly", because he ditched the arrangement scene a couple of years back. Bummer, right? This guy was the grandmaster of jazz fusion arrangements back in the day. We've been grooving to his awesome arrangements for a solid decade.

The Pokemon DPP arrangements have been some of his best works. He even went all out and created a whole album arranging much of the OST from the game. One of his first arrangements, Bramble Blast/Stickerbrush Symphony, also turned out to be his grand finale, going full circle!

Ever since then, insaneintherainmusic, or Carlos Eine, has marched on to greener pastures, composing original works, dropping his first original album, and even composing for video games. This guy went from arranging to creating soundtracks for games. Talk about a major upgrade! Look forward to some of his OST tracks being added in the future.

Code:
    Honkai: Star Rail - Wildfire (feat. Jonathan Steingard)
    So Honkai: Star Rail just dropped recently, and it's definitely a trip. I don't play a lot of gacha games, but everything about HSR seems exceptionally top-notch for a gacha game. They really went all out with the Genshin bucks. Some may call it P2W, but it has no PVP, so you're only just paying to progress faster. Or paying to collect waifus/husbandos, which is what the endgame boils down to, because there's not much of an endgame to speak of.

As for the music, I'd say it's pretty good. Unfortunately, the vast majority of it is not very melodic and just there in the background. The tracks are unique enough to not be repetitive, but not unique enough to grate your ears, if that makes sense. The best tracks play at the most climactic moments. The one track I'm adding is one of those moments.
    punished_latia likes this.
  2. punished_latia Limburger League

this looks pretty interesting but i dunno how to import it into the player and at this point im too tired. been up late modding my psp, its like a new gadget. you can play ps1 games on it too and honestly making the custom menus with psx2psp is almost more fun than playing the game. anway its good to see you still updating this site man, i ought to get the app soon
  3. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

No, you don't import it to the player. Just refresh the page and the new tracks will appear!
    punished_latia likes this.
  4. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

Fuckin steam deck. I wasted my money on it
    It's GREAT! But I don't use it at all. I put fightcade and a bunch of emulators on it day1 and never used it again..

At least I have the steamdeck animated frame on my username..
  5. xavpig Casu Marzu League

The animated frame is defo worth $600