VIP Request [Intake][Luftrausers] [PERHAPS AND INDUBITABLY]

Discussion in 'Playlists' started by Streke, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Streke Edam League

Dammit Jim, I'm a student, not a forum poster with masterful command of posting.

I've been playing a fair bit of both Intake and Luftrausers in my spare time, and I must admit that their music grows on you after spending decades trying to beat out your last score.

[Intake]

Specifically, the first two song choices are pretty fitting in my opinion. There's five songs total in the game, but I'm less confident about the others finding a place on the playlist. At the very least, "Be Aggressive" is sort of the face of the game, and would be a good shoe-in.

[Luftrausers]

This one is significantly harder to justify. The main theme for this game takes a significant amount of time to build up and evokes no particular nostalgia (lest you were a former member of the Nazi Party in 1940). When it gets going, it sounds more like a rousing (heh) war theme.

Then again, both of these submissions are pretty strong on the electro-wubside of music - perhaps not the best thing to indulge too much into.
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

I've actually heard of Cipher Prime Studios from their Splice OST(it was in a bundle). In the case of this particular OST, there are people calling themselves true dubstep fans who claim that this is not real dubstep in the traditional definition of the genre. They label this type of dubstep as "brostep". Because of this dividing conflict, It's hard for me to add much brostep. The only sort of brostep that I like is the one with a house beat as in the track "Unstoppable", because I like house music and internally dancing to a continuous beat. We'll see which ones I add when I listen to the OST a couple hundred times. "Side Effects" and "Next" are starting to growing on me, trying to make me ignore the wub parts.

I had previously thought the Luftrausers OST only had 3 tracks. It turns out I was thinking of Luftrauser, the old Flash version, so this one is new to me. The beginning of this track sounds like Hell March. I also have a penchant for epic orchestral segments amidst bass-y electronic numbers. Looks like I already own the OST from the latest game music bundle. That's pretty cool.

In conclusion, I prefer the Luftrausers track to the Intake track. Maybe I'm just weird.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.