VIP-Mellow Last #Mellow update before nuclear war?

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

https://vipvgm.net/mellow

I don't have a bunch of soothing post-apocalyptic tracks laying around, so here are some random ones.

Code:
    Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure - Je Te Dis Au Revoir
    Time Travelers - Telephone that Passes through Time
    Time Travelers - Cosmic Elevator
    Time Travelers - Love Ballad
    Time Travelers - Wanderer (Yuri's Theme)
    I am Setsuna - A sense of safety
    I am Setsuna - Hidden intentions
    I am Setsuna - Tender glow
    I am Setsuna - Silent snow
    Ori and the Blind Forest - The Spirit Tree (feat. Aeralie Brighton)
    Ori and the Blind Forest - The Waters Cleansed (feat. Tom Boyd)
    Ori and the Blind Forest - The Ancestral Trees
    Terra Battle - The Dance of the Waves
    Terra Battle - The Shattered Land
    Terra Battle - Evening at the Tavern
    Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - I'M WAITING FOR THE NIGHT
    Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - Song for Spinning Silver Thread
    Bravely Default - Grandship, the Sinking State
    Bravely Default - Revo, Akira Senju - Shrine Maiden's Prayer [Strings Quartet Version]
    Bravely Default - Under a Hollow Moon
    Bravely Default - Revo, Akira Senju - Windswept Day [Piano Solo Version]
    Clannad - Ana
    Clannad - Roaring Tides II
    Clannad - TAMUSIC - White Clovers
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

In other news, I watched a couple of anime after many years of being sober, The Last Exile and The Princess and the Pilot. One is a rewatch and the other is a movie. I rewatched Last Exile for some inspiration, and it reminded me how much of an influence it has on my Aersia world, from the airships, to the crystals used as both fuel and currency, to the giant everlasting hurricane. I would go as far as to say it's the anime that inspired me to create Aersia. It's definitely up there as one of my favorite anime of all time. I didn't even mind that I had to read a wiki, because the show is so bad at exposition.

The Princess and the Pilot is a movie with World War 2 aesthetics that also has airships in it. It has massive amounts of plot armor, but it was rather enjoyable. I liked the bittersweet ending, even though others may hate it. It just shows that not all stories, even romance, can end happily ever after. One crazy thing I noticed is that this movie was released over a decade after Last Exile and yet I saw no difference in animation quality. It looked as though both of them could have been made in the same year.

Here's my MyAnimeList. I plan on rewatching the epic that is LotGH, then wait a few years for the remake to be completed. I'm a bit hesitant to watch the Makoto Shinkai films for fear of flash flooding. A mere 6-minute short of his almost drowned me. And then again from a 30-second commercial for a goddamn newspaper.

So yeah, I am return to weeb.