PC Minecraft

Discussion in 'Video Game Discussion' started by ZipZopZoobityBob, May 11, 2013.

?

Is Minecraft overrated?

Yes: it's for kids 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No: it's kinda fun 7 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. ZipZopZoobityBob Stilton League

I was a bit surprised at the lack of a Minecraft thread, so I decided to make one. I'm also putting in a poll for the hell of it.

ITT: Share thoughts, opinions, creations, and experiences based on playing Minecraft.

I have been playing since about 1.5 Alpha I think. I absolutely hate playing on servers, mostly because they are run by twelve year olds on a power trip because they think they are the greatest computer genius ever because they figured out how to port forward.
    As far as creations go, I do pixel art when I'm up for it. I have made one parkour course which you can find here. I also built a castle for a friend that you can look at here. Keep in mind that they aren't supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, it's just more of a for-fun type of thing.
  2. Streke Edam League

Well, regarding your poll, Minecraft IS overrated, but it's not specifically for kids and does have a fun value associated to it. The questions and answers don't match too well.

I forget when I got in, but it was a simpler time, pre-hunger and all that. Overpowered food consumption. When I do play, which hasn't happened in a while, I either build and explore myself or I tour other people's servers for designs/communities.

I think the thing I liked most about Minecraft was the building aspect - I've seen people utilize wicked nasty designs via stairblocks and so forth to create ingenious cosmetic home comforts. Surprising what you can achieve. Redstone tech is a close second.
  3. Shizeni Pecorino League

I just wish he actually made minecraft more of an adventure rather than make a base and do nothing until you install these 5 mods, or made it so food wasn't complete pants on head retarded bullshit

Waiting patiently for cubeworld.
  4. Proxima Casu Marzu League

Well, vanilla minecraft is not really my cup of tea. But, I do love to play the modpack "feed the beast" which includes 100 mods that make the game much much more interesting, fun and increases longevity.

I play almost exclusively on servers, mainly my own server (which to your zipzop's point, I can say I am not a 12 year old and I run the server in a professional manner) and anyone is invited to join ^__^

But, i literally play every single day and never get bored of it, have been playing since some early Alpha release.
  5. [で丂] trunks55 Pecorino League

Minecraft is a game that i play periodically, and when i play it, i rack up 7+ hours a day, then i get bored of it after a few weeks and leave it to be for some months. I played since early Alpha tho, before the nether and all that was implemented, I still remember the fuss about implementing torches burning out, good times :3 (I also remember the old world generation, man was it epic, now stuff feels less random and less interesting :/)
    On the subject of Cube World tho, I bought it within the first weeks of release, tons of potential, but still waiting for updates, the game in it's current state got boring rather quickly due to lack of.... Everything, pretty much, still gave me a good few hours of entertainment, and the combat system (for the rouge at least) is satisfying and really well made