PC Ragnarok Online II - Open Beta Test

Discussion in 'Video Game Discussion' started by Ren, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Ren Limburger League

Anybody try Ragnarok Online II's OBT?
    It's the SEA servers, but it's open to almost everyone. I've been playing it since the opening on the 3rd. They've actually made great improvements since then to reduce lag on the servers. It's a Fantasy MMORPG, you have your classes, secondary jobs, skills, etc etc.

http://ro2.playpark.net/

Let me know if you're playing, we'll party.
  2. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

English servers too? I guess it couldn't hurt to give this a shot.

Edit: Gave it a shot and it's just like everything else I played with the RO name slapped on.
  3. Streke Edam League

It looks very interesting. I might get in on this too. Maybe.

Perhaps a guild creation for Aersia?
  4. Ren Limburger League

No NA or EU servers, just SEA (South East Asia), but yeah, people speak English.

I'd be up for the Aersia guild, just requires 20z, I believe. I've been playing on and off lately, though. Pretty much abandoned my main account to play on an alt too.
    Friend me if you want, I'm IZeraI on the Einherjar server.
  5. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

Sounds good. Embarrassingly, I started a person but I had to abandon them and make a new account when I forgot my 2nd password.
  6. JayJay American Swiss League

I still play around on the original Ragnarok, but I guess I could try this.
    I live in SEA so I can buy @cash if I wanted to :D
  7. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

To me, RO died a long time ago. RO2 just looks like yet another "traditional-style" MMO. The only MMOs that interest me now are action-based ones like TERA. RO1 wasn't unique gameplay-wise, but what got me hooked were the music and the glorious pixel art, both of which added to its charm. RO2 has none of that. Its only appeal is that it has the RO name and takes place in the RO universe. I mean, they remade this game from the ground up to make it look like RO1, yet it has less charm than the first RO2. >_>
  8. Shizeni Pecorino League

The secondary job thing reminds me of mabinogi, everything seems so different from RO1.
    How is it gameplay wise? Anything like 1 or even close to it?
  9. Streke Edam League

Quickly going to rez this thread.
    I'm currently playing RO2 on Steam, there's only an Odin server present.
    I've played up to a level ~25 Ranger. From the looks, server population is heavy on DPS and a little light on healers and tanks. Like every MMO.
    ... I haven't played the first one, so I'm not familiar as to the changes or whatnot, but I have some experience with the world in Ragnarok. Like a lot of things, the game is pretty grindy. Took some time to get used to the UI and the Khara system, but yeah.

If anyone is interested in playing with, my Steam account's linked to Aersia, so pop me a friend request or whatever. If you all haven't died by now
  10. Shizeni Pecorino League

I don't really like the look of RO2
    It really just reminds me of shit like WoW/Flyff rather than being like RO1
  11. [で丂] trunks55 Pecorino League

I'm still alive :o doubt I'll get into this game tho MMO's are really not my thing, only online game I play is LoL now that i think of it (and I don't play that much at all either)