VIP-Mellow Random #Mellow Update

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

https://vipvgm.net/mellow

Oooh, I missed a month of updates! I just don't have time to do shit anymore. More on this in the next post; this post is about the playlist.

There's no theme in this update. I literally just put my backlog playlist on shuffle and picked the games that came up, so here we go.

Code:
    Super Mario 64 - Dale North, Mustin - Mario Bay Breeze
    Katamari Damacy - Dale North, Mustin - Not So Lonely Nova
    Xenogears - Dale North, Mustin - Broken Mirror
    Alcarys Complex - Admiral
    Alcarys Complex - A Dream of Wilder Places
    Alcarys Complex - Edelweiss
    Alcarys Complex - Fair Winds
    Valkyria Chronicles - Beautiful Gallia
    Valkyria Chronicles - Randgrith Archduke's Family
    Valkyria Chronicles - A Moment of Relief
    Eador. Masters of the Broken World - Song of Silver Lake
    Eador. Masters of the Broken World - The Boat and the Dream
    Xenogears - Yasunori Mitsuda, Millenial Fair - October Mermaid
    Xenogears - Yasunori Mitsuda, Millenial Fair - CREID
    Xenogears - Natsumi Kameoka, Bulgarian Symphony Orchestra - SMALL TWO OF PIECES -Orchestral Version-
      renamed from Xenogears - Bulgarian Symphony Orchestra - SMALL TWO OF PIECES -Orchestral Version-
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

So, I have good news and bad news.
    The good news is I'm not a NEET anymore! :D
    The bad news is I'm not a NEET anymore! D:
    It's actually been a month now.

What does this mean? It means I don't have any time to do anything! That doesn't mean I won't stop updating the playlists, but it has forced me to reprioritize everything I do from now on, because I'm losing 8 hours of every weekday. And during this reprioritizing process, I've placed updating the playlists somewhere near the bottom of my list of things to do. Why? Because it doesn't provide any income. I love listening to VGM and picking my favorites, but updating the playlists definitely feels like work - unpaid work. To be frank, it actually takes me hours to do one update. Not only do I have to add each track manually (for both JSON and XML), but I also double-check online to make sure each track has accurate titles, composers, and arrangers! Then I have to think of what I'm going to post for each game or track. It used to be so simple back then when I just updated the tracklist and changelog and be done with it. But now, yeah, I just want Flash to finish dying so I can finally stop updating the XML.

At the top of my priority list is to actually get serious about game design. It is something that I've always wanted to do since, I guess, high school (Before that, it was to be an architect, still in the realm of designing shit). I don't want to get stuck in my current job forever. Even though it is pretty safe and secure with great benefits, it's not my passion; it's not my western ikigai[1] or dharma. As you can tell, I've been delving into shit, lots of shit, not just to broaden my perspective on the universe, but for actual lore-building research. Maybe when I feel more comfortable on my job to the point where everything I do there is second-nature, maybe I can do both game design and day job! We'll see!

More on this later. Thanks for reading my blog.

1. This venn diagram of ikigai is not the Japanese ikigai.