VIP SAD Update! :D

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

[IMG]

This update was meant to be a filler update with nothing but a mish-mash of tracks in my backlog, but it turns out I have a bunch of this type of music, so I'm gonna put them all together and jam it into your face!

In honor of today, Singles Awareness Day, this update features tracks that evoke a bit of sentimentality, wistful longing, bewildering awe, and melancholy (not necessarily at the same time).

Code:
    Tetris (CD-i) - irikachana - Level 0 - Another Day (Cover)
    Tetris (CD-i) - Foster's Freeze
    Tetris (CD-i) - Fondly Sarah
    This Tetris CD-i music hit me completely by surprise. I never expected it to sound very 80s.

Code:
    RiME - The Song of the Sea
    RiME - The King
    RiME - The Birth of an Island
    There's no RiME or reason why I listened to this OST, but somehow, I have. The game looks like something similar to ICO but made by Spaniards.

Code:
    Ōkamiden - Zencha - Stay Strong, Ayame
    Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - Littleroot Town
    Animal Crossing: New Horizons - ImRuscelOfficial - K.K. City Pop
    Northgard - Freya's Kiss
    Heaven's Vault - Before The Fall
    Where The Water Tastes Like Wine - Breathe the Black
    Here's a bunch of hot singles. ImRuscelOfficial's K.K. City Pop arrangement sounds particularly fine, giving off some serious Insaneintherainmusic vibes.

Code:
    Suikoden II - Hiroyuki Namba, Yajuh-Ohkoku - Barren Earth
    Suikoden II - Hiroyuki Namba, Yajuh-Ohkoku - Gothic Neclord
    Suikoden II - Cornered (Battle BGM ~ Luca Battle)
      renamed from Suikoden II - The Chase
    Suikoden III - Hiroyuki Namba, Yajuh-Ohkoku - Cheerful Farm Village
    Suikoden III - Yoko Ueno - Ducklings
      renamed from Suikoden III - Yuko Asai - Little Ducks
    Suikoden III - Yuko Asai - To the Sealed Land
      renamed from Suikoden III - Yoko Ueno - To the Sealed Land
    Suikoden - Kentaro Haneda, Kousuke Yamashita - Into a World of Illusions
    Suikoden - Kentaro Haneda - Theme of Sadness
    Suikoden - Kentaro Haneda - Avertuneiro Antes Lance Mao ~The War is Over~
    Suikoden is one of my favorite video game franchises. To be honest, the music is kinda meh. However, the arrangements elevate it to a whole 'nother level.

Code:
    The First Tree - Call of Destiny
    The First Tree - Changing Wind
    The First Tree - You Know I Can't
    The First Tree is a game where you play as a fox trying to find your family. I have no recollection of how I stumbled upon this game or its OST, but I have both for some reason.

Code:
    The House in Fata Morgana: A Requiem for Innocence - A Requiem for Innocence
    The House in Fata Morgana: A Requiem for Innocence - Serie de Fragmento (English Ver.)
    The House in Fata Morgana: A Requiem for Innocence - Girlhood in Shambles
    The House in Fata Morgana -COLLECTED EDITION- - Reencarnação
    The House in Fata Morgana -COLLECTED EDITION- - Twilight (Instrumental)
    This has to be the most hauntingly depressing OST I've ever heard, even more so than the Nier OSTs. It's also 6 discs long, so imagine the misery lasting for 6 hours. After soaking in all these tunes, however, I'm honestly reluctant to play the game for fear that it might not hit me as hard as the OST did. I've learned time and time again that my imagination is a lot more terrifying than reality. Some tracks also sound a tad overbearing for a visual novel; they sound like they would better fit a dramatic anime scene or movie.

In conclusion, Happy SAD Day, everyone!