Action/Adventure Shingeki no Kyojin

Discussion in 'Anime Alley' started by Nyangoro, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Nyangoro Limburger League

[IMG]

So yeah, this sleeper hit is getting an anime directed by Araki (Death Note, Highschool of the Dead, Guilty Crown), due out this coming Spring.

love that key visual (open)
    [IMG]

...and it kinda looks like the most badass thing I've ever seen.

It's kinda what I imagine Hollywood would do if they were told to make a trailer for anime.
  2. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

That is pretty gnarly. The look of the giants is incredibly unsettling to me. It also kind of reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus with this guy trying to climb all around the giants to probably slice them up. I'll probably give this a watch when it comes out.
  3. Ren Limburger League

It was supposed to get a live-action movie sometime this year too, but I wonder if it was scrapped in exchange for the anime.
    Have you guys read the Manga? It received an award a while ago. The art-style sometimes looks pretty bad in the Manga, but it's still completely badass. Let me explain, Shingeki no Kyojin is... something else. There's depth in a sense that giants can represent the insecurities that humans have, there's an unbelievable amount of gore (do not get attached to any characters and I mean it), and there's mystery/suspense. That trailer does not do it justice, there's way more than flying around and swinging a sword in there.
  4. 10bit Feta League

Now that it's out, and I've watched the first episode, it's alright. I hope it stops being "characters dying every episode we never get a chance to care about"
  5. Shizeni Pecorino League

Slight spoilers since mango is ahead, it never ends.
    Like seriously fucking never ends. Mango is hitting a "shits hitting the fan" now.

Heres one mission outside in the later episodes/chapter
    >An entire squad wiped out
    >An elite squad is wiped out
    >Another elite squad wiped out
    >10 people killed by one titan
    And thats a really low death count
  6. BurningFinger Casu Marzu League

I fail to see why anyone would ever read or even enjoy this horrible stain on the, until now, flawless track record Japan has for making Chinese cartoons.
  7. Ol Jim Grizzigsby American Parmesan League

Do you know if theres going to be an eng dubbed version? would probs still watch it in subs but i like dubbed anime ( if its done well :p)
  8. Salepate Cream League

That makes it more exciting, on the contrary. Whenever you start to take a liking for a certain character, he's most likely going to die / disappear. Well it doesn't stay that way anyway