Mecha So i just finished evangelion neon genisis + movie

Discussion in 'Anime Alley' started by XzX_0V3R_$W4GUL4TE_XzX, Nov 5, 2015.

1. XzX_0V3R_$W4GUL4TE_XzX Epoisses de Bourgogne League

I have a couple of questions

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the fuck happened in the movie because i watched it twice and i'm still clueless (the end of evangelion)
    And do you guys think it is worth it to watch the newer installments of evangelion? I heard they are kinda shitty but the animation for them looks pretty nice...
  2. Streke Edam League

Nobody knows for NGE, really. There's a lot of conflict with what was better, the congratulation ending or the... surreal one. Whatever. It was a trip, and I'm glad I was part of it. 2deep4me.

The newer Evangelion movies are nice IMO, if you take them to be their own thing and don't try to constantly compare them to NGE. Think of it like you read Harry Potter, then someone wants to make a movie of it, but they change a lot of stuff around and make it more palpable for the theater audience. I find it's easier to appreciate them for what they are, as a different story with familiar characters, than some sequel thing that is expected to live up to the depth of the TV series.

Of course, I'm casual as all hell, so don't listen to me.
  3. XzX_0V3R_$W4GUL4TE_XzX Epoisses de Bourgogne League

so the new movies are more mindless action and explosions?
    Eh i'll take it
    its probably better than all of the shitty animu coming out atm

Also in my humble opinion,
    even though both endings were confusing as hell the congratulations ending was just so abrupt and not well thought out that to me the huge naked rei is the better one
  4. Streke Edam League

Dunno, they still try to put forward a sort of deep, pensive atmosphere in the movies. I faintly remember a lot of not knowing what had happened, and a lot of piano. There's just... no time or material to draw out those subtleties.

I certainly enjoyed the more "traditional" ending of wrapping things up with a huge fight and experience in the End of Evangelion as well. Feels more like an ending than leaving people in the dark with crayon drawings and one word stuck in your head.