VIP #VIP Beta 2 Update

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

This is a very minor update that only concerns SEO. It's a pretty useless update (for you) wasting an entire thread, but I have to make a thread anyway. Otherwise, you'd all be wondering what that update pop-up was for.

Here's what changed:
    Code:
    Changed the description to be more descriptive
    Removed the robots and googlebot tags so as to get the default values "index, follow"
    Removed preconnecting link tag pointing to vip.aersia.net, because it's not used anymore
    Added Twitter and Facebook metadata
    Moved site-related icons to a folder
    Added more icons for more device compatibility
    See? Nothing to it! I really just wanted to change the description, because it was too short and lame. Then, I decided to do some more useless things just so the update would have more than one line. But at least now if you shared a link to Twitter, it would look like this:
    [IMG]
    instead of the old one which sucked.
    o100nome likes this.
  2. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

It looks better on Discord, too.

[IMG]
  3. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

Extremely minor code change today! You could call this Beta 2.0001.

I finally figured out why the image in the Discord link is rectangular and cut off (and morphed when expanded). Discord is using the code for Twitter's image but with Facebook's resolution. That's some bad programming on Discord's part! I managed to fix this by just using the same square image for both Twitter and Facebook. Now it looks neat:

[IMG]

Hell, it looks better on FB now, too:

[IMG]
    o100nome likes this.