Question vip.swf introduces me to great games frequently - how about you?

Discussion in 'Gentlepeople's Gathering' started by Godspeed, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Godspeed Casu Marzu League

Hey guys, first post, I was ecstatic to see that there was a little link saying that the forums had open. Now that anime girl who was constructing for so long can finally take the day off. I guess I can finally say "Thanks!" for leeching bandwidth for these last two or three years...

Music in games is obviously important to me so typically I associate good music with a good game. I personally learned about VVVVVV and The Dark Spire (both with such amazing soundtracks) from VIP. Great (hard as heck) games, so I gotta say that Cats777 has great taste. Anyone else discover any gems based on the playlist?
  2. ZippyDoo Monterey Jack League

Not particularly with finding great games. But, finding very good remixed versions of some of my favorite songs.

I really enjoy the Azell remixes that Cats puts up. Blinded by Light and Splash Woman come to mind.
  3. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

If I REALLY like a song on vip.swf, I tend to look for the rest of the sound track. If it's good, into my mp3 player it goes.

I just noticed VVVVVV looks like a bunch of arrows pointing up and down... which is how you move around alot in that game o.O
  4. aturtledoesbite Epoisses de Bourgogne League

That's probably not a coincidence, considering its creator, who pays attention to tiny details like that. VVVVVV is also a reference to the six crew members in the game whose names all start with V.

Now, as for games I've personally been introduced to through this, I think this was the first time I heard TWEWY music, which eventually drove me to get that excellent game of awesomeness, so that counts.
  5. DefaultNK Cheddar League

The Dustforce songs on here helped motivate me to buy the game. It's easily my favorite game from the last 5 years.
  6. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

Cats FAQ introduced me to Samurai Cop. I watched the whole thing. (no regrets)
  7. bandwevil American Swiss League

I don't think I would've played To The Moon before hearing Everything's Alright, but I ended up really enjoying it despite being a super simple RPG Maker game.

I think the name is supposed to be a reference to all the spikes in the game, it looks like 6 downward facing spikes to me.
  8. sfkingalpha Mozzarella League

Well I just looked up To The Moon and decided to get it.
    How long is it? Worth playing? You'll probably say yes.
  9. bandwevil American Swiss League

It's not terribly long, I'd say it was around 4 hours for me.
    It's pretty enjoyable of a game, I'd recommend playing through it. Gameplay is largely nonexistent (occasionally you wander through the environment examining everything you can and that's pretty much it), but it's well written and the music is great.
  10. Snail Casu Marzu League

It is really funny to me when I finally hear the songs on the playlist in their respective games. It makes those particular games (or parts of the game) seem more familiar even when I have not played them before, which is nice.