VIP Vocal Update! #vip

Discussion in 'Announcements Area' started by Cats777, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Cats777 ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

And now for everyone's favorite type of update! This is the update that's sure to get your streams muted or this playlist shut down.

That's right, it's a long-awaited vocal update! :D

Code:
    Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes - Naked Arms
    Sengoku BASARA 4 Sumeragi - DOUBLE-DEAL
    Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS-Force - Inherit the Force
    Let's start with my favorite J-pop artist of all time, TM Revolution! You may know him from OP/ED songs for anime such as Rurouni Kenshin and Gundam Seed. But he also composes OP themes for video games. Why is he so awesome? Because of his endless and intense vibratos and the way he incorporates orchestra and rock in his high-energy electronic music. I know these tracks were specifically made for the games, because the games were released before the singles.

Code:
    BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! - LOUDER
    BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! - Neo-Aspect
    Ah, BanG Dream, a gatcha rhythm game, maybe the best one I've ever played (and I've played most of them). I used to play this game for at least a couple of years since the day it came out in Japan. I don't care about any of the story or moeblob characters, but I love the catchy music and classic rhythm gameplay (Does that make me half-weeaboo?). Even the anime covers are pretty good. Roselia is my favorite band, and I'm adding my favorite tracks.

Code:
    Control - Take Control
    Control - Sankarin Tango
    So I was watching a GDQ (forgot which one) and I heard this song "Take Control" from one of the final sequences of the game and I thought the vocals sounded familiar. Lo and behold, I was listening to Poets of the Fall/Old Gods of Asgard. You may remember them from the awesome Alan Wake and Rochard tracks. Anyway, "Take Control" is an epic 8 minutes long and quite possibly their best work yet. And "Sankarin Tango" is the first Finnish vocal track in the VIP! :D The singer sounds like he can make any language sexy, even Finnish.

Code:
    Destiny - Jillian Aversa, zircon - Hope Rising
    It turns out Paul fucking McCartney helped in composing some tracks for Destiny, which is why he of all people made this theme song for the game. Adding the track might be risky, because it's Paul fucking McCartney, so here's a cover by Jillian Aversa and zircon.

Code:
    Final Fantasy II - Masatsugu Shinozaki, Risa Ohki - Love Will Grow
    Rhythm Heaven - Ribbit Dance (Bright Rock 'n' Roll)
    Rhythm Tengoku - WISH -Can't Wait For You
    Moon: Remix RPG Adventure - I'M WAITING FOR THE NIGHT
    Endless Ocean - Prayer
    Smile Cubic! -Suiheisen made Nan Mile? After & Another Stories- - Canvas KIYO ver.
    Ikenfell - Yearn to Bloom -Aeldra's Theme
    Ikenfell - Rose Thorns -Battle with Aeldra
    Ikenfell - Paint the Future -Ima's Theme -Battle 3 (Instrumental)
    Now here's a bunch of tracks I don't have any comments for, or I'm too lazy think of something. >_>

Code:
    Metropolis Street Racer - It Doesn't Really Matter
    Metropolis Street Racer - Outside In
    Metropolis Street Racer - Club Paris
    It's about time I added some MSR tracks just to get some more of that classic Richard Jacques sound.

Code:
    This Is the Police - No Good
    This Is the Police - White Russian
    This Is the Police 2 - Lightweight
    This Is the Police 2 - Old Habits
    This Is the Police 2 - Step Aside
    This Is the Police is a story-based management/strategy game series with some really good music. The first game's OST is mostly jazzy, while the 2nd game's OST is a mixed bag. "Lightweight" is one of the best retrowave tracks I've heard. "Old Habits" somehow takes me back to the good ol' days of Sim City 3000.

Code:
    Lost Ember - Your Light
    Lost Ember - All That You Are
    Lost Ember's OST is super depressing. The game? Not so much, to be honest. The music pretty much sets the atmosphere in the game.

Code:
    Paradise Killer - Paradise (Stay Forever)
    Paradise Killer - Last Dance XX
    Paradise Killer - GO!GO!STYLE
    Paradise Killer has a super banging OST, very 80s disco. It's definitely not the kind of music you'd expect in a murder investigation game.

Code:
    Red Dead Redemption - Christian Larsson - Compass
    Red Dead Redemption - (Theme From) Red Dead Redemption
    Red Dead Redemption 2 - Christian Larsson - Unshaken
    Red Dead Redemption 2 - Blood Feuds, Ancient And Modern
    Red Dead Redemption 2 - Outlaws From The West
    Let's top it all off with some RDR. Christian Larsson really did an awesome job with the covers. The build-up in "Blood Feuds" is pretty intense. It's almost like wild west meets Ace Combat in terms of composition.

I honestly didn't expect the update to be this massive, but this is somewhat all the vocal tracks in the backlog. Feel some relief that this kind of update won't be seen again for a long time. Happy April Fool's, everyone! :lol: The joke is there is no joke.
    Vaaferias likes this.
  2. AerialAceX Casu Marzu League

Man I'm just happy to see Roselia getting some love.