(´・ω・`) what is the best magic

Discussion in 'Wayward Way' started by corgis, May 6, 2013.

?

what is love

baby dont hurt me 3 vote(s) 75.0%
dont hurt me no more 3 vote(s) 75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. corgis Thread Starter Guest

what is your favorite magic/school of magic in rpgs?

some examples are

Elemental Magic:
    Pyromancy - fire
    Hydromancy -water, ice
    Aeromancy - Sky, lightning
    Geomancy - earth, nature
    Necromancy - undeath, reanimation
    Divination - knowledge
    Conjuration - creation of matter from elemental forces
    Invocation - Invoking ritualistic magic, calling on gods, etc
    Evocation - Evoking the hidden power of things - ie evoking lighting from a wand, etc.
    Illusion - Optical and Audible tricks used mostly like deception
    Summoning - binding pacts to creatures from other planes
    Chronomancy - Manipulating time
    Translocation - Manipulating space - ie teleports
    Enchanting - Binding magic to objects, enhancing existing objects, or some form of domination over an object (like charming a person to be more suggestive)
    kiddie magic - poof flowers. oh is this your card?

not counting technomagic because thats bullshit its just machines fgt.
    not counting psionics or things like psychic powers because theyre special abilities, not real magic.
    not counting giga karu nagasaki super kawaii spirit bomb desu because thats 13 year olds.
    Jesvice likes this.
  2. Streke Thread Starter Edam League

Well, I quite fancy an "no-strings-attached" divination attachment, but considering the lengths people go to keep it in check, like "seeing the future through dreams" or "vague flashes of knowledge", I'm not too happy on that part. If I'm forced into an "ONLY OG ELEMENTS SCRUB" check, I'd be in favour of my water-types.

In general, Chronomancy takes the cake. Time control is way too cool for someone like myself to pass up.
    Jesvice likes this.
  3. Jesvice Thread Starter Brie League

Oh cool so that's where Chrono Trigger got it's name. I never knew. Anyway ALL THE MAGIX
  4. LOOOOOOOOOOL Thread Starter Guest

>hurr durr i didnt know anything about video game

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL kid th GAYme is called ~~xXx[mlg]KrOnO_NiGgA[420]xXx~~ an its about goin thru TImE and Doing SHT IN THA PAST YO

WORD UP MAH NIG Y U BE TRIPPIN BOUT CRONICKS NAME DOGG???
  5. Streke Thread Starter Edam League

6. Jesvice Thread Starter Brie League

wat.

anyway take this I think it can help you

[IMG]
  7. coddlekid Thread Starter Guest

chronomancy is sweet cuz you can stop time and just juke jam someone. if house rules dont allow timestop or time manipulation other than speeding up or slowing down though that kind of sucks and I'd have to fall back on something good like Divination for future sight. Really chronomancy if open and not controlled is just OP as hell, so can divination - if you know everything that everyone is going to do before they do it.

hurr durr elemfags only? id have to stick with Natural Geomancy (Earth, Stone, Nature, etc.) because of the wide varieties of the things you can do in it. Especially the most godly overpowered stupid insane dungeons and dragons spell ever:
    Goodberry. [url (open)
    http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Goodberry]2OP4U
    [/url]
  8. Streke Thread Starter Edam League

Is that one of those remote-control antennas she's holding?
  9. Ol Jim Grizzigsby Thread Starter American Parmesan League

You realise that the suffix -mancy means "to divine information from", so necromancy is just divination through symbols of death (dead people/animals, skulls, blood etc), I think the suffix youre looking for is -kinesis (pyrokinesis, manipulation and/or creation of fire, cyrokinesis, ice, chronokinesis, time etc etc). /thread
  10. Drak Thread Starter Wensleydale League

Most vidya doesn't realize this. I know I didn't ever think about it that much. But then again, if I'm playing a game its often times not because I want to think about things.